1. Think about someone you were angry with at some point in your life. Ideally, this is someone you did not express your anger to at the time.
2. Write a letter to that person as if you are only moments away from whatever it was that made you angry. Write from the anger.
3. Step away from what you wrote. Give it some time and breathing room.
4. Write another letter to the same person: In this one, write in a calm tone, explaining your reasoning and feelings.
5. Finally, write a third letter. This time, write as if you are the other person, responding to one of your letters. (Choose one.)